Branch Trustee (Branch Trustee - RSPCA York, Harrogate & District Branch)
RSPCA York, Harrogate and District Branch is a separately registered charity and branch of the RSPCA. We work in partnership with the RSPCA Inspectors, re-homing on average 500 animals per year.
We are largely self-funding, raising donations locally to support the running of the animal home that requires at least £1400 every day just to keep going. We have a team of staff and volunteers caring for our animals and running our charity shops in York, Acomb and Selby. Find out more about the RSPCA York, Harrogate & District Branch
Do you have professional expertise you could use to help a good cause? Are you passionate about animal welfare? We are looking for enthusiastic and reliable people to actively volunteer for the Branch as trustees, ensuring that the Branch is governed and managed effectively, whilst continually having animal welfare at the forefront of their minds.
We're specifically looking for trustees with expertise in the following areas:
- Planning and Construction
Main Duties and Responsibilities: Each member of the Trustee Board has a responsibility to contribute to the discharging of the board’s duties. They do this by:
- defining goals, actively contributing to setting policy and strategic direction, setting targets and evaluating performance
- monitoring whether the service complies with its aims and objectives and whether it meets national RSPCA standards
- monitoring the financial position of the Branch and ensuring that it operates within its means and objects, and that there are clear lines of accountability for day-to- day financial management
- supporting the development of the Branch
- regularly attending, preparing for and taking a full part in board meetings, sub committees and working parties
- developing the business plan and new opportunities.
Person Specification: Each member of the Trustee Board brings different skills and qualities to the Board. They add to the collective knowledge and experience by providing:
- effective communication skills and willingness to participate actively in discussion, and challenge where appropriate
- willingness to gain knowledge of local needs and resources
- commitment to the aims, principles and policies of the RSPCA
- willingness and ability to act in the best interests of the Branch
- ability to understand and accept their responsibilities and liabilities as trustees and employers
- numeracy to the extent required to understand Branch accounts with the support of a Treasurer
- IT literacy sufficient to communicate and find information effectively
- willingness and ability to learn, and to develop and examine their own attitudes
- ability to think creatively and strategically, and exercise good, independent judgement
- ability to work effectively as a member of a team
- One Trustee meeting each month (7pm, last Tuesday in the month), one AGM meeting (once a year).
- Other sub committees and working groups, by agreement.
- To take part in events and fundraising activities when time permits.
For an informal discussion about this role please contact Peter Gorbert, Branch Manager via email firstname.lastname@example.org
You can find out why you should become a trustee here: https://www.charityjob.co.uk/careeradvice/why-you-should-become-a-trustee/